India’s Gen Z: Turning youth aspirations into democratic strengthJharkhand HC stays cancellation of JSSC-CGL appointments, allows employees to continue workingPalamu class 5 girl seeks help at Jan Samadhan, gets new books and school suppliesJSSC-CGL exam set to be cancelled; CM says all TDPL-conducted exams will goJPSC Row: Former Member’s PA BN Ram arrested over alleged ₹40 lakh extortion to fix interviewsJharkhand HC orders security cover for judicial officers across State after 2022 Latehar court attackSafety must come before production, says DGMS official at IIT (ISM) Dhanbad programmeJMM-Congress opposition to MMDR amendment is ‘political drama’, says Babulal Marandi

Jharkhand Liquor Scam: ED gets court nod to interrogate ACB-arrested accused

  Ranchi, Dec. 3: The Enforcement Directorate (ED) will interrogate the accused arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) in the Jharkhand liquor…

Jharkhand Liquor Scam: ED gets court nod to interrogate ACB-arrested accused

 

Ranchi, Dec. 3: The Enforcement Directorate (ED) will interrogate the accused arrested by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) in the Jharkhand liquor scam. The PMLA court has granted permission for the interrogation.

According to reports, the ED had filed an application before the Special Judge (PMLA) seeking approval to question the accused arrested by the ACB in case number 9/25, currently lodged in Birsa Munda Jail.

The ED sought permission to interrogate Mahesh Sitaram, Paresh Thakor, Vikram Thakor, Bipin Jadhavbhai Parmar, and Jagan Thakor Desai.

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Court Grants Four Days for Interrogation

The ED told the court that interrogation and recording of statements of these accused was essential for its ongoing investigation into the liquor scam.
After considering the application, the Special Judge accepted the request and granted four days for interrogation.

False Bank Guarantees at the Core of the Case

The ED’s application stated that the FIR was registered after ACB’s investigation under PE-3/2024, which revealed that:

Advertisement
Advertisement
  • M/s Vision Hospitality and Consultant Private Limited (VHSCPL)
    submitted false bank guarantees worth ₹5.35 crore, and

  • M/s Marshon Innovative Security Private Limited (MISSPL)
    submitted false bank guarantees worth ₹5.02 crore.

The ED noted the following roles:

Advertisement
Advertisement
  • Mahesh Sitaram – MD, VHSCPL

  • Paresh Thakor – Director, VHSCPL

  • Vikram Thakor, Bipin Jadhavbhai Parmar – Directors, VHSPL

  • Jagan Thakor Desai – Director, MISSPL

Senior IAS Officers Also Named in FIR

The ACB filed the FIR in May after completing its preliminary probe.
The FIR named:

  • Senior IAS officer Vinay Chaubey

  • Excise Department Joint Secretary Gajendra Singh

  • 10 others

Following this, the ACB arrested both Chaubey and Singh.
More than a dozen arrests have been made so far, and several accused have already been granted bail. The ACB continues its investigation.

 

 

More from Breaking
India’s Gen Z: Turning youth aspirations into democratic strength

India’s Gen Z: Turning youth aspirations into democratic strength

August 21, 2026
Jharkhand HC stays cancellation of JSSC-CGL appointments, allows employees to continue working

Jharkhand HC stays cancellation of JSSC-CGL appointments, allows employees to continue working

August 21, 2026
Palamu class 5 girl seeks help at Jan Samadhan, gets new books and school supplies

Palamu class 5 girl seeks help at Jan Samadhan, gets new books and school supplies

August 21, 2026

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

About the Author

thejharkhandstory.co.in