JSSC-CGL exam set to be cancelled; CM says all TDPL-conducted exams will goJPSC Row: Former Member’s PA BN Ram arrested over alleged ₹40 lakh extortion to fix interviewsJharkhand HC orders security cover for judicial officers across State after 2022 Latehar court attackSafety must come before production, says DGMS official at IIT (ISM) Dhanbad programmeJMM-Congress opposition to MMDR amendment is ‘political drama’, says Babulal MarandiPalamu: Thieves steal chairs, coolers, inverter and other valuables from panchayat officePrakash Eye Care opens state-of-the-art eye OPD in DaltonganjJamshedpur police stations to get unique 3-digit codes for faster communication

CBI raids over 30 locations including ex-J&K Governor Malik’s in Kiru hydroelectric project case

THE JHARKHAND STORY DESK   New Delhi, Feb 22: As part of its investigation into allegations of corruption in the awarding of…

CBI raids over 30 locations including ex-J&K Governor Malik’s in Kiru hydroelectric project case

File Photo of Satyapal Malik (Image: English Jagran)

THE JHARKHAND STORY DESK

 

New Delhi, Feb 22: As part of its investigation into allegations of corruption in the awarding of a contract for a hydroelectric project in Jammu and Kashmir, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) raided over 30 locations on Thursday, including those connected to former governor of Jammu and Kashmir Satyapal Malik.

The case concerns purported corruption in the contract awarding process for the civil work associated with the Rs 2,200 crore Kiru Hydro Electric Power Project (HEP) in Kisthtwar in 2019.

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Malik was Jammu and Kashmir’s governor from August 23, 2018, to October 30, 2019.

CBI recovered cash, documents, digital devices in earlier raid

Earlier this year, searches were carried out at approximately eight locations in Delhi and Jammu and Kashmir on January 29 by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), which is conducting ongoing investigations into a case pertaining to purported irregularities in the awarding of tender for civil works of the Kiru Hydroelectric Project, which is being carried out by Chenab Valley Power Projects Private Limited.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Also Read- ED summons Arvind Kejriwal for the seventh time, asks to appear on Feb 26

The agency stated that the searches resulted in the retrieval of digital devices, computers, property papers, and “incriminating” documents, along with cash totalling over approximately Rs 21 lakhs.

The CBI stated that there were allegations that e-tendering standards were not adhered to in the awarding of civil works related to the Kiru Hydroelectric Project.

The CBI also searched six locations in Delhi, Noida, Chandigarh and Shimla in December of last year.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Hospitalized Malik denounces govt raids as dictatorial

Malik, currently hospitalized, slammed the raids on his residence by government agencies on social media platform X, alleging dictatorial actions and unnecessary harassment of his driver and assistant.Top of Form

“I have been ill for the last three to four days and am admitted to the hospital. Despite this, my house is being raided by the dictator through government agencies. My driver and my assistant are also being raided and harassed unnecessarily,” Malik stated in a post on X.

“I am a farmer’s son, I will not be afraid of these raids. I am with the farmers,” he added.

Also Read- Jharkhand Weather: Light rain and thunder alert in several isolated areas today

 

More from Breaking
JSSC-CGL exam set to be cancelled; CM says all TDPL-conducted exams will go

JSSC-CGL exam set to be cancelled; CM says all TDPL-conducted exams will go

August 17, 2026
JPSC Row: Former Member’s PA BN Ram arrested over alleged ₹40 lakh extortion to fix interviews

JPSC Row: Former Member’s PA BN Ram arrested over alleged ₹40 lakh extortion to fix interviews

August 17, 2026
Jharkhand HC orders security cover for judicial officers across State after 2022 Latehar court attack

Jharkhand HC orders security cover for judicial officers across State after 2022 Latehar court attack

August 17, 2026

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

About the Author

Suman Shrivastava