Jharkhand: No hope is lost for 4th-grade recruitment, says Palamu DCIndia’s Gen Z: Turning youth aspirations into democratic strengthJharkhand HC stays cancellation of JSSC-CGL appointments, allows employees to continue workingPalamu class 5 girl seeks help at Jan Samadhan, gets new books and school suppliesJSSC-CGL exam set to be cancelled; CM says all TDPL-conducted exams will goJPSC Row: Former Member’s PA BN Ram arrested over alleged ₹40 lakh extortion to fix interviewsJharkhand HC orders security cover for judicial officers across State after 2022 Latehar court attackSafety must come before production, says DGMS official at IIT (ISM) Dhanbad programme

Jamshedpur DD bar attack: SIT recovers murder weapon after Rahul Dubey’s arrest

PINAKI MAJUMDAR Jamshedpur, July 11: In a breakthrough in the high-profile DD Bar attack case, the East Singhbhum Police’s Special Investigation Team…

Jamshedpur DD bar attack: SIT recovers murder weapon after Rahul Dubey’s arrest

PINAKI MAJUMDAR

Jamshedpur, July 11: In a breakthrough in the high-profile DD Bar attack case, the East Singhbhum Police’s Special Investigation Team (SIT) has recovered the chopper allegedly used in the murder of Karni Sena leader Himanshu Singh, following the arrest of the prime accused, Rahul Dubey.

The weapon was recovered based on Dubey’s disclosure during interrogation, police said. It has been sent for forensic examination to scientifically establish its link to the crime.

The case relates to the violent attack outside DD Bar in Bistupur on the night of June 27, in which Himanshu Singh was killed while Pratyush Anand sustained serious injuries.

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Prime Accused Arrested After Extensive Investigation

The incident had triggered widespread tension across Jamshedpur, prompting the formation of a Special Investigation Team under the direction of the Senior Superintendent of Police, East Singhbhum.

Police said Rahul Dubey surrendered on Friday and was subsequently arrested after an extensive investigation involving CCTV footage, mobile phone location analysis, electronic evidence, human intelligence, and sustained raids at multiple locations.

Advertisement
Advertisement

During questioning, Dubey led investigators to the recovery of the weapon believed to have been used in the attack.

ALSO READ: Jharkhand: Palamu police invoke National Highways Act, BNS sections against rioters after NH-39 violence

Fourteen Arrested, Hunt Continues for Absconding Accused

With Dubey’s arrest, the total number of accused arrested in the case has risen to 14.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Thirteen other accused had earlier been arrested and remanded to judicial custody. The SIT said efforts have been intensified to trace and apprehend the remaining absconding accused.

Accused Has Criminal History

Rahul Dubey, 30, is a resident of Shastrinagar Block No. 4 under Kadma police station limits.

According to police records, he is an accused in an earlier case registered at Kadma police station in 2025.

Police also said Dubey has multiple criminal cases registered against him in Gujarat, including charges of attempt to murder, assault, and offences under the Arms Act. Investigators said he had previously served jail time in connection with attempt to murder and Arms Act cases.

Investigation Based on Scientific Evidence

Officials said the investigation is being driven by scientific evidence rather than statements alone.

CCTV footage, mobile phone data, digital evidence, forensic findings, and eyewitness accounts are being cross-verified to build a strong prosecution case. Police said the forensic examination of the recovered chopper is expected to play a crucial role in the investigation.

Officials added that raids are continuing to apprehend the remaining fugitives and expressed confidence that all those involved in the sensational attack would soon be brought to justice.

 

More from Breaking
Jharkhand: No hope is lost for 4th-grade recruitment, says Palamu DC

Jharkhand: No hope is lost for 4th-grade recruitment, says Palamu DC

August 22, 2026
India’s Gen Z: Turning youth aspirations into democratic strength

India’s Gen Z: Turning youth aspirations into democratic strength

August 21, 2026
Jharkhand HC stays cancellation of JSSC-CGL appointments, allows employees to continue working

Jharkhand HC stays cancellation of JSSC-CGL appointments, allows employees to continue working

August 21, 2026

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

About the Author

Suman Shrivastava