THE JHARKHAND STORY NETWORK
Ranchi, Dec. 30: Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren on Tuesday distributed 1,910 appointment letters to successful candidates of the CGL (Combined Graduate Level) examination at a grand ceremony held at Morhabadi Ground, reinforcing the state government’s focus on employment generation. Addressing the gathering, the Chief Minister also attacked the opposition, calling it “unbelievable” that question papers of exams conducted in Jharkhand were allegedly leaked as far as Nepal.
Opposition Failed to Provide Jobs: CM
Without naming any party, Soren accused the opposition of failing to provide jobs or employment opportunities during its tenure. “We will open many doors for the youth in the coming days. Appointments will be made in several phases,” he said, adding that the present government believes in action rather than empty promises.
Recruitments Across Departments
The Chief Minister said recruitments have already been completed for revenue inspectors, veterinary officers, teachers, circle inspectors, principals of polytechnics, and medical officers. He noted that for the first time, principals were appointed in government polytechnics during his tenure.

So far, he said, the government has connected with lakhs of young people through recruitment drives, making youth employment a central priority.
ALSO READ: President Murmu calls for tribal pride, education at Gumla Kartik Jatra
‘We Believe in Action, Not Just Words’
Addressing the newly appointed candidates, Soren said they had personally witnessed the challenges and conspiracies surrounding the recruitment process. He alleged that certain elements attempted to disrupt examinations through unethical and illegal means.
“These are conspiracies we never imagined. Some people even tried to collect donations through QR codes in the name of court cases,” the Chief Minister claimed, warning that anyone involved in such activities would be sent to jail.
Allegations of Exploiting Poor Aspirants
Soren alleged that crores of rupees were collected from poor and underprivileged youth under the pretext of legal proceedings. He said new methods, backed by technology and scientific techniques, were used to disrupt exams, adding that such people were “a step ahead of even thieves and the police.”
₹1 Crore Cover for Families of Employees
The Chief Minister announced that the state government has signed agreements with banks to provide ₹1 crore to the families of employees who die due to accidents. He said the benefit would also apply to contract employees, underlining the government’s commitment to employee welfare and safety.
Centre Treating Jharkhand Unfairly: Soren
Calling Jharkhand a 25-year-old state with immense potential, Soren said development depends on positive cooperation between the ruling party and the opposition. However, he alleged that the state is being treated unfairly by the central government.
He said thousands of crores of rupees, including MNREGA dues, are pending. “Instead of releasing funds, efforts are being made to change names and implement new ones,” he said.
Social Media Used to Spread Unrest
The Chief Minister accused certain groups of using WhatsApp, Instagram, and Facebook to conduct “tests” and spread misinformation to incite people against the government. He also alleged that disturbances are deliberately created during festivals, while in some BJP-ruled states, exams are conducted under heavy security.
In contrast, he said, Jharkhand is moving forward with peace and tranquillity, while continuing to generate employment.
Officials Praised for Transparency
Soren acknowledged the pressure faced by officials during the examination process and congratulated the JSSC staff, Acting Chairman Prashant Kumar, and the ACB team for ensuring transparency.
“They clarified every issue honestly, layer by layer. That is why there is a smile on your faces today,” he told the candidates.
Recruitment Drive Gains Momentum
The Chief Minister recalled that since returning to power in 2019, the government has continued recruitment despite challenges. Nearly 9,000 appointment letters were distributed earlier at the same venue, drawing massive crowds.
At Tuesday’s event, 26 candidates received appointment letters directly from the Chief Minister, while the remaining candidates received their letters at the departmental level.
Several ministers, MLAs, senior officials, including Chief Secretary Avinash Kumar and family members of the candidates, were present at the ceremony.








