• Latest
Dhanbad lawyers begin indefinite pen-down strike over parking

Lawyers’ indefinite strike enters day two in Dhanbad

30 January 2026
BJP slams Jharkhand Govt over ‘golden era’ of mining mafia

BJP slams Jharkhand Govt over ‘golden era’ of mining mafia

20 February 2026
Vishal Agarwalla to lead CII Jamshedpur

Vishal Agarwalla to lead CII Jamshedpur

20 February 2026
News diary

1. Jharkhand HC ends 21-year BCCL surface rent battle, slams PSU’s ‘frivolous’ pleas 2. Jharkhand will be among India’s leading states by 2050: CM Hemant Soren and more stories

20 February 2026
Jharkhand HC summons home secretary, seeks guidelines for Nomadic groups

Jharkhand HC ends 21-year BCCL surface rent battle, slams PSU’s ‘frivolous’ pleas

20 February 2026
Jharkhand bags ₹1.27 lakh cr investment proposals at Davos, UK; 46,500 jobs expected

Jharkhand will be among India’s leading states by 2050: CM Hemant Soren

20 February 2026
Jharkhand HC

Jharkhand HC allows over-age aspirants to sit for JPSC civil services exam

20 February 2026
The Jharkhand Story
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Advertise with us
  • About Editor
  • About Us
  • Contact
Friday, February 20, 2026
  • Home
  • Election
  • Politics
  • Judiciary
  • Governance
  • Crime
  • Industries & Mining
  • Health
  • Tribal Issues
  • Education
  • Sports
  • More
    • Life Style
    • Jobs & Careers
    • Tourism
    • Opinion
    • Development Story
    • Science & Tech
    • Climate & Wildlife
    • Corruption
    • News Diary
No Result
View All Result
The Jharkhand Story
No Result
View All Result
Home Breaking

Lawyers’ indefinite strike enters day two in Dhanbad

Jharkhand Story by Jharkhand Story
30 January 2026
in Breaking, Judiciary
Dhanbad lawyers begin indefinite pen-down strike over parking

File photo.

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

SUBHASH MISHRA

Dhanbad, January 30: The indefinite strike by lawyers in Dhanbad continued for the second consecutive day on Friday, with the Bar Association deciding to intensify the protest against what it described as the rigid attitude of district administration officials.

Bar Association general secretary Advocate Jitendra Kumar said the strike would continue until the wall blocking the lawyers’ entry route to the court premises is removed.

‘No Entry, No Work,’ Say Lawyers

Advocate Kumar questioned how lawyers could attend court proceedings when the designated entry route had been blocked by a wall.

“Since the district administration has blocked the lawyers’ entrance route, how can advocates enter the court premises? Until the barrier is removed, the indefinite strike will continue,” he said.

He added that around 5,000 practising lawyers have been forced to stay away from work as the administration failed to honour its earlier assurance.

Administration’s Appeal Rejected

On behalf of Deputy Commissioner Aditya Ranjan, Sub-Divisional Magistrate Lokesh Barange met the protesting lawyers and appealed to them to call off the strike.

The SDM assured the Bar Association that a permanent solution would be worked out once the Deputy Commissioner returned to the district. However, the Bar Association rejected the proposal, stating that the DC is out of station till February 2 and lawyers cannot wait indefinitely.

Bar Association to File Defamation Case

The Bar Association also announced its decision to file a defamation case against the Civil Surgeon, accusing the health department of blocking the lawyers’ entry route.

Advocate Jitendra Kumar said the entrance had earlier been inaugurated by Justice S.P. Sinha, but health department officials allegedly constructed a wall overnight, blocking access.

“This is an insult to the judiciary. Blocking an entrance inaugurated by a sitting judge amounts to defamation, and we will move court against it,” he said.

Lok Adalat Proceedings to Be Boycotted

The lawyers also decided to boycott Lok Adalat proceedings scheduled for Saturday, further escalating the protest.

Acknowledging the inconvenience faced by litigants, the Bar Association said the lawyers had no option.

“We understand the difficulties of litigants, but without an entry route, lawyers cannot even enter the court. Without access, participation in court proceedings is impossible,” the general secretary said.

 

 

 

Tags: access to court premises issueCivil Surgeon defamation casecourt entry blocked DhanbadDC Aditya Ranjan DhanbadDhanbad Bar Association protestDhanbad lawyers strikedistrict administration Dhanbad disputehealth department wall controversyJharkhand lawyers agitationJustice SP Sinha inaugurated gatelawyers indefinite strike Jharkhandlitigants affected by lawyers strikeLok Adalat boycott DhanbadSDM Lokesh Barange talks failwall blocking court entrance
ShareTweetShareSendSendShare
Next Post
Dhanbad’s first mayor files nomination again for mayor’s post

Dhanbad’s first mayor files nomination again for mayor’s post

  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Advertise with us
  • About Editor
  • About Us
  • Contact
Mail us : thejharkhandstory@gmail.com

© 2025 The Jharkhand Story

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Election
  • Politics
  • Judiciary
  • Governance
  • Crime
  • Industries & Mining
  • Health
  • Tribal Issues
  • Education
  • Sports
  • More
    • Life Style
    • Jobs & Careers
    • Tourism
    • Opinion
    • Development Story
    • Science & Tech
    • Climate & Wildlife
    • Corruption
    • News Diary