JSSC-CGL exam set to be cancelled; CM says all TDPL-conducted exams will goJPSC Row: Former Member’s PA BN Ram arrested over alleged ₹40 lakh extortion to fix interviewsJharkhand HC orders security cover for judicial officers across State after 2022 Latehar court attackSafety must come before production, says DGMS official at IIT (ISM) Dhanbad programmeJMM-Congress opposition to MMDR amendment is ‘political drama’, says Babulal MarandiPalamu: Thieves steal chairs, coolers, inverter and other valuables from panchayat officePrakash Eye Care opens state-of-the-art eye OPD in DaltonganjJamshedpur police stations to get unique 3-digit codes for faster communication

Tender appeasement row: BJP targets Jharkhand health minister, Congress hits back

THE JHARKHAND STORY NETWORK   Ranchi, Sept 21: A political storm has erupted in Jharkhand over alleged irregularities in the Health Department’s…

Tender appeasement row: BJP targets Jharkhand health minister, Congress hits back

Ajay Sah (L) and Alok Dubey (R)

THE JHARKHAND STORY NETWORK

 

Ranchi, Sept 21: A political storm has erupted in Jharkhand over alleged irregularities in the Health Department’s tender process. The BJP has accused Health Minister Dr. Irfan Ansari of favouritism and corruption, while the Congress has dismissed the charges as baseless and defended the minister’s record.

BJP alleges ‘planned loot’ in 11 tenders

At a press conference in Ranchi, BJP state spokesperson Ajay Sah alleged that 11 tenders issued by the Health Department last year in districts including Ranchi, Dumka, Jamtara, Saraikela, Bokaro, and Deoghar were all awarded to companies owned by a single family from Ranchi.

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

According to Sah, three firms—Hind Infratech, Bharat Suppliers, and Global Suppliers—were registered at the same address by this family, and all tenders were handed to them. He claimed that the same individual is listed as director in two of the three firms, raising clear questions about eligibility.

Quoting Clause 29 of the GeM portal, Sah said that if a bidder applies through multiple firms, all such companies should be declared technically ineligible. Instead, in this case, the firms were declared eligible, given work orders, and paid. “This is not a coincidence but a well-planned loot,” he alleged.

Advertisement
Advertisement

ALSO READ: Jharkhand News: Mithila Sanskriti Parishad pays tribute to Manipadma in Bokaro

Sah further claimed that such a large-scale scam could not be possible without the direct protection of Health Minister Ansari. He described the Health Department as “a den of corruption” operating under ministerial patronage.

BJP calls for cancellation, probe

The BJP has demanded the immediate cancellation of the 11 tenders and called for a high-level, independent investigation. It has also sought an inquiry into why and how companies linked to a single family were repeatedly awarded contracts across districts.

Advertisement
Advertisement

“This is not just financial corruption but also religious bias,” Sah said, alleging that Minister Ansari favoured vendors from his own community. He added that the ongoing discussions on constructing RIMS-2 were nothing but a “cover for looting,” with no real intention to improve healthcare services.

The BJP also questioned the Congress party’s silence, saying that a party claiming to protect the Constitution cannot allow such open appeasement in tenders.

Congress defends minister, slams BJP

Responding to the allegations, Alok Kumar Dubey, General Secretary of the Jharkhand Pradesh Congress Committee, strongly defended Minister Irfan Ansari and called the BJP’s charges “ridiculous and politically motivated.”

“One Ansari outweighs the entire BJP,” Dubey remarked, accusing the opposition party of targeting the minister with baseless claims that always backfire. He said the BJP had earlier tried to block the construction of RIMS-2, which is set to become Asia’s largest hospital, and is now raising doubts about tenders out of desperation.

Dubey also turned the corruption charge back on the BJP, recalling controversies during former Chief Minister Raghuvar Das’s tenure. “In their government, rats ate food stocks and elephants were said to run faster than aeroplanes. Such a party has no moral right to speak on corruption,” he said.

‘Transparency ensured in tenders’

Dubey asserted that Minister Ansari has ensured transparency in the tender process, while accusing the BJP of shielding contractors. He argued that the BJP is unsettled by Ansari’s efforts to strengthen health services and provide better facilities for the poor.

He pointed out that under BJP rule, patients died at RIMS due to power failures during operations. In contrast, he said, the Central Government has rated Sadar Hospital as the best in the country, a recognition that shows the progress achieved under Ansari.

“The Congress Party stands firmly with Dr. Irfan Ansari,” Dubey said, stressing that the BJP’s politics of lies and rumours will not succeed in misleading the public.

 

More from Breaking
JSSC-CGL exam set to be cancelled; CM says all TDPL-conducted exams will go

JSSC-CGL exam set to be cancelled; CM says all TDPL-conducted exams will go

August 17, 2026
JPSC Row: Former Member’s PA BN Ram arrested over alleged ₹40 lakh extortion to fix interviews

JPSC Row: Former Member’s PA BN Ram arrested over alleged ₹40 lakh extortion to fix interviews

August 17, 2026
Jharkhand HC orders security cover for judicial officers across State after 2022 Latehar court attack

Jharkhand HC orders security cover for judicial officers across State after 2022 Latehar court attack

August 17, 2026

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

About the Author

Suman Shrivastava