JPSC Row: Former Member’s PA BN Ram arrested over alleged ₹40 lakh extortion to fix interviewsJharkhand HC orders security cover for judicial officers across State after 2022 Latehar court attackSafety must come before production, says DGMS official at IIT (ISM) Dhanbad programmeJMM-Congress opposition to MMDR amendment is ‘political drama’, says Babulal MarandiPalamu: Thieves steal chairs, coolers, inverter and other valuables from panchayat officePrakash Eye Care opens state-of-the-art eye OPD in DaltonganjJamshedpur police stations to get unique 3-digit codes for faster communicationHeavy rain alert for Ranchi, South-Eastern Jharkhand today

Jharkhand: One CRPF jawan killed, two injured in IED blast in West Singhbhum

KUMUD JENAMANI   Jamshedpur, Nov 17: Three personnel belonging to the CRPF’s bomb disposal squad (BDS) were injured, one of them fatally…

Jharkhand: One CRPF jawan killed, two injured in IED blast in West Singhbhum

Representational image

KUMUD JENAMANI

 

Jamshedpur, Nov 17: Three personnel belonging to the CRPF’s bomb disposal squad (BDS) were injured, one of them fatally as an IED exploded at Hatibera village under Naxal-infested Goelkera thana area in West Singhbhum district, about 160 km away from here on Friday.

Those who fell victim to the IED blast had gone to a forest stretch along the Hatibera village to diffuse the explosives planted targeting the CRPF personnel.

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

The one fatally injured was identified as Santosh Oraon, who was a constable belonging to the BDS of the CRPF 60 battalion.

Also read: Youth shot at and injured following altercation in Jamshedpur

https://thejharkhandstory.co.in/youth-shot-at-and-injured-following-altercation-in-jamshedpur/

Advertisement
Advertisement

The two others who sustained grievous injuries were identified as Ejeto Tine, second-in-command and Jayant Nath, also a constable.

All three victims had been airlifted to a hospital in Ranchi where constable Santosh Oraon was declared as brought dead.

According to sources, the second-in-command Ejeto Tine had arrived at the forest stretch, having got an intelligence input that a large number of IEDs had been planted at the forest stretch. The BDS team had started detecting the IEDs, but while carrying out the detection work one of the IEDs exploded, causing the three to get exposed to the explosion.

Advertisement
Advertisement

After the IED blast took place, the area was reinforced by more paramilitary forces for intensifying the anti-insurgency operation.

 

 

More from Breaking
JPSC Row: Former Member’s PA BN Ram arrested over alleged ₹40 lakh extortion to fix interviews

JPSC Row: Former Member’s PA BN Ram arrested over alleged ₹40 lakh extortion to fix interviews

August 17, 2026
Jharkhand HC orders security cover for judicial officers across State after 2022 Latehar court attack

Jharkhand HC orders security cover for judicial officers across State after 2022 Latehar court attack

August 17, 2026
Safety must come before production, says DGMS official at IIT (ISM) Dhanbad programme

Safety must come before production, says DGMS official at IIT (ISM) Dhanbad programme

August 17, 2026

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

About the Author

Suman Shrivastava