What happened to Neelima Kerketta’s letter? Sanjay Seth questions Jharkhand govt, demands CBI probe
THE JHARKHAND STORY NETWORK Ranchi, August 22: Union Minister of State for Defence Sanjay Seth has questioned the alleged suppression of a…
THE JHARKHAND STORY NETWORK
Ranchi, August 22: Union Minister of State for Defence Sanjay Seth has questioned the alleged suppression of a 2024 letter written by former JPSC Chairperson Neelima Kerketta, in which she reportedly raised concerns over irregularities in the functioning of the Jharkhand Public Service Commission.
Addressing a press conference at the BJP state office on Saturday, Seth demanded a CBI inquiry into all recruitment examinations conducted in Jharkhand over the past six years, including those conducted by the Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) and the Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission (JSSC).
Seth’s remarks came amid an intensifying student agitation over alleged irregularities in recruitment examinations and following alleged attacks and lathi-charges on protesting students in several districts.
‘Why Was Neelima Kerketta’s Letter Suppressed?’

Seth questioned why the government had allegedly kept Kerketta’s 2024 letter out of the public domain despite the former JPSC chairperson reportedly warning the administration about irregularities and alleged scams within the commission.
“Why is the government suppressing former JPSC Chairperson Neelima Kerketta’s 2024 letter, in which she had warned the administration about scams and irregularities in the JPSC? What is the government’s compulsion, and under whose pressure is it acting? The people of Jharkhand want to know the truth,” Seth said.
He also questioned the composition of the current JPSC and alleged that relatives of a former minister, a former Chief Minister and the JMM general secretary had served as members of the commission.
“Is the government trying to shield them? What is the objection to, or fear of, a CBI inquiry into this matter?” he asked.
Seth Demands CBI Probe into Recruitment Exams
Seth said students protesting alleged irregularities in recruitment examinations had lost faith in the state-level investigation and demanded that the entire recruitment process of the past six years be brought under a CBI probe.
He said the investigation should cover examinations conducted by both JPSC and JSSC, including the JSSC-CGL examination.
“The local youth have no faith in a CID probe. Only the CBI can conduct a thorough and impartial investigation into this matter,” Seth said.
He cited the case of Binsis Director Arun Kumar, alleging that he had been accused of selling jobs in 2022 and that evidence had emerged against him during a CID investigation.
“Arun Kumar, the Director of Binsys Technologies, was accused of selling jobs in 2022, and evidence was reportedly found against him during the CID probe. Yet, the CID took no action against him for four years. How can students be expected to trust a CID investigation?” Seth asked.
‘Government Has Revived Memories of Emergency’
Seth also strongly condemned the alleged attacks on students during the ongoing agitation and accused JMM workers and police personnel of using force against protesters in Ranchi, Hazaribagh, Giridih and Garhwa.
He said the treatment of protesting students reminded him of the Emergency.
“The manner in which innocent students were assaulted and subjected to lathi-charge in Ranchi, Hazaribagh, Giridih and Garhwa is condemnable. When students went to hospitals for treatment, they were allegedly beaten and driven away. Pressure was also exerted on hospital directors and civil surgeons to leave the injured students untreated,” Seth alleged.
“We witnessed such scenes only during the Emergency. Hemant Soren’s government has revived those memories,” he added.
‘These Are Our Children, Not Outsiders’
Seth said the students had been protesting peacefully for the past 25 days and accused the government of ignoring their demands.
“Hemant-ji, these are not outsiders; they are our children. For the past 25 days, these students have peacefully and constitutionally protested against the injustice done to them. They have neither created a disturbance nor damaged public property or resorted to stone-pelting. They have been observing a fast-unto-death, yet your government did not heed their concerns,” Seth said.
He alleged that the government adopted a “divide and rule” strategy after the students’ movement began receiving support from across the country.
Seth also questioned the state government’s decision to cancel an examination and its subsequent legal defence in court.
“You cancelled the examination as part of a conspiracy, yet when it came to defending that decision in court, you sent a junior lawyer instead of the Advocate General. The people of the state have understood this ploy,” he alleged.
Seth Questions Rahul Gandhi’s Silence
Seth also criticised Congress leader Rahul Gandhi over his alleged silence on the student agitation and the reported attacks on protesters in Jharkhand.
“Blood has been shed in Jharkhand and students have suffered physical injuries, yet not a word of concern escaped your lips. If you truly care about the interests of students, come to Ranchi, stand in solidarity with the protesting students and demand a CBI inquiry from the Hemant Soren government,” Seth said.
He challenged Gandhi to withdraw Congress’ support to the Jharkhand government if it was unwilling to order a CBI inquiry.
‘Future of Children Sold for ₹1,000 Crore’
Seth also made serious allegations regarding the recruitment process, claiming that people associated with the ruling establishment had collected more than ₹1,000 crore by allegedly selling government jobs.
He alleged that candidates were taken outside Jharkhand, including to Patna and Nepal, and were made to memorise answers to examination questions.
“The Jharkhand government sold out the future of children for ₹1,000 crore,” Seth alleged.
He also claimed that companies such as TDPL and Binsys, which he said had been blacklisted in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar, were selected in Jharkhand.
These allegations could not be independently verified from the information available.
Demand for Action Against Those Responsible
Seth reiterated his demand for a CBI inquiry into all recruitment examinations conducted in Jharkhand during the past six years.
He said an independent investigation was necessary to establish the truth, identify those responsible for any irregularities and restore the confidence of students and job aspirants in the recruitment system.
Media In-charge Yogendra Pratap Singh and Co-Media In-charge Satish Sinha were also present at the press conference.


