JSSC-CGL exam set to be cancelled; CM says all TDPL-conducted exams will goJPSC Row: Former Member’s PA BN Ram arrested over alleged ₹40 lakh extortion to fix interviewsJharkhand HC orders security cover for judicial officers across State after 2022 Latehar court attackSafety must come before production, says DGMS official at IIT (ISM) Dhanbad programmeJMM-Congress opposition to MMDR amendment is ‘political drama’, says Babulal MarandiPalamu: Thieves steal chairs, coolers, inverter and other valuables from panchayat officePrakash Eye Care opens state-of-the-art eye OPD in DaltonganjJamshedpur police stations to get unique 3-digit codes for faster communication

Chancellor’s portal reopens at NPU: Over 700 apply for NEP admissions in two days

Daltonganj, February 26: The Chancellor’s portal for admission to first-year four-year undergraduate courses under the National Education Policy (NEP) saw a modest…

Chancellor’s portal reopens at NPU: Over 700 apply for NEP admissions in two days

Daltonganj, February 26: The Chancellor’s portal for admission to first-year four-year undergraduate courses under the National Education Policy (NEP) saw a modest response in affiliated colleges of Nilamber Pitamber University (NPU), Daltonganj, after being reopened for two days on February 25 and 26.

The portal was reopened under the direction of Lok Bhavan (formerly Raj Bhavan). On February 25 alone, more than 700 applications were submitted for admission across various affiliated colleges under the university. Data for February 26 was not available at the time of reporting.

VC Denies Allegations of Exclusion

Nilamber Pitamber University Vice-Chancellor Dr Prof Dinesh Kumar Singh dismissed allegations that the university had earlier shut the Chancellor’s portal to prevent supplementary Plus Two pass-outs from seeking admission.

“A narrative was created accusing the university of deliberately shutting the portal for supplementary Plus Two students. It was done to malign and tarnish the image of the university,” he told The Jharkhand Story Network.

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

He added that affiliated colleges are morally bound to disclose the number of supplementary Plus Two pass-outs who have taken admission.

“The university is for all categories of students without any discrimination,” the Vice-Chancellor said.

Advertisement
Advertisement

ALSO READ: Security forces avert potential blast during anti-Naxal operation in Saranda forest

UGC Norms Pose Challenge

The two-day reopening of the Chancellor’s portal comes with a key condition — admissions must strictly follow UGC guidelines.

As per UGC norms, a student must complete 90 days of teaching to be eligible to appear in university examinations.

Advertisement
Advertisement

However, the examination for the 2025–29 session is scheduled to begin on March 9. University sources said there is no possibility of revising the exam dates, as it would further delay the academic session.

The university is currently focused on reducing the backlog and the late running of sessions. Any postponement of examinations would defeat this objective, sources added.

Uncertainty for Fresh Applicants

Students who secured admission during the two-day reopening of the portal will have to comply with UGC attendance requirements before being eligible to sit for the exams.

With March 9 approaching, fulfilling the 90-day teaching requirement appears difficult for the newly admitted students, making their participation in the upcoming examination uncertain.

Further clarity is expected once affiliated colleges release consolidated admission data.

 

More from Breaking
JSSC-CGL exam set to be cancelled; CM says all TDPL-conducted exams will go

JSSC-CGL exam set to be cancelled; CM says all TDPL-conducted exams will go

August 17, 2026
JPSC Row: Former Member’s PA BN Ram arrested over alleged ₹40 lakh extortion to fix interviews

JPSC Row: Former Member’s PA BN Ram arrested over alleged ₹40 lakh extortion to fix interviews

August 17, 2026
Jharkhand HC orders security cover for judicial officers across State after 2022 Latehar court attack

Jharkhand HC orders security cover for judicial officers across State after 2022 Latehar court attack

August 17, 2026

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

About the Author

Suman Shrivastava