JSSC-CGL exam set to be cancelled; CM says all TDPL-conducted exams will goJPSC Row: Former Member’s PA BN Ram arrested over alleged ₹40 lakh extortion to fix interviewsJharkhand HC orders security cover for judicial officers across State after 2022 Latehar court attackSafety must come before production, says DGMS official at IIT (ISM) Dhanbad programmeJMM-Congress opposition to MMDR amendment is ‘political drama’, says Babulal MarandiPalamu: Thieves steal chairs, coolers, inverter and other valuables from panchayat officePrakash Eye Care opens state-of-the-art eye OPD in DaltonganjJamshedpur police stations to get unique 3-digit codes for faster communication

Jharkhand CM distributes Rs 5 crore prize money among 222 players, 48 coaches

THE JHARKHAND STORY NETWORK   Ranchi, Oct. 12: Chief Minister Hemant Soren today said that the Jharkhand government is moving ahead with…

Jharkhand CM distributes Rs 5 crore prize money among 222 players, 48 coaches

THE JHARKHAND STORY NETWORK

 

Ranchi, Oct. 12: Chief Minister Hemant Soren today said that the Jharkhand government is moving ahead with a vision that in the coming days, no game in the country should be completed without players from Jharkhand.

“Our young players of Jharkhand should bring glory to the country and the state in the whole world by showcasing their skills in every sport,” he said.

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Addressing a ceremony organized at Harivansh Rai Tana Bhagat Indoor Stadium, Mega Sports Complex, Khelgaon, to distribute around Rs 5 crore prize money among 222 players, 48 coaches, the Chief Minister congratulated all the players and coaches who received awards and wished them a bright future.

Will not let the players’ efforts go to waste

Advertisement
Advertisement

Hemant Soren said that today the players of Jharkhand are enthusiastic and trying to advance themselves in sports. “We will not let this effort of all you players go to waste. Our government will make every effort to hone your skills and provide a better platform,” he said.

The Chief Minister appealed to all the players present not to worry, and move forward in the direction of sports. “Our government will take care of your future. We will work to move you forward with full guarantee that your entire life will be safe. The state government will do the work of promoting not only the players but also their coaches,” he assured.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Rs 50,000 honorarium for players

The Chief Minister said that we will not only prepare the players of Jharkhand to win medals but also work with the aim of creating a banyan tree of sports in Jharkhand. “In the coming time, efforts will be made to make the nursery of players in this state truly meaningful. Our government is also moving towards this work. To fulfill this objective, the Sports Department has started its efforts at Panchayat, Block, District, National, and International levels,” he added.

The Chief Minister said that the government has given direct appointments to 40 players. The matter will not end here. Players will continue to be appointed in the future,” he added.

Sido-Kanhu Youth Sports Club

Soren said that the “Sido-Kanho Youth Sports Club” is being started to further strengthen the sports culture at the Panchayat level. “Each club will be given a grant amount of Rs 25,000 every year,” he added.

The Chief Minister said that in the areas that are Naxal affected, our government has started Sahay Yojana with the aim of motivating the youth towards a positive life by associating them with sports. Last year about 75 thousand players took part in the Sahay competition. This year we are going to increase its scope from 5 districts to 7 districts, he said.

 

More from Blog
Depression triggers heavy rain across Jharkhand

Depression triggers heavy rain across Jharkhand

August 18, 2026
Antim Somvari to resonate with Manoj Tiwari’s devotional melodies in Jamshedpur

Antim Somvari to resonate with Manoj Tiwari’s devotional melodies in Jamshedpur

August 18, 2026
Jharkhand clears release of 26 life convicts, plans open jails across all divisions

Jharkhand clears release of 26 life convicts, plans open jails across all divisions

July 30, 2026

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

About the Author

Suman Shrivastava