India’s Gen Z: Turning youth aspirations into democratic strengthJharkhand HC stays cancellation of JSSC-CGL appointments, allows employees to continue workingPalamu class 5 girl seeks help at Jan Samadhan, gets new books and school suppliesJSSC-CGL exam set to be cancelled; CM says all TDPL-conducted exams will goJPSC Row: Former Member’s PA BN Ram arrested over alleged ₹40 lakh extortion to fix interviewsJharkhand HC orders security cover for judicial officers across State after 2022 Latehar court attackSafety must come before production, says DGMS official at IIT (ISM) Dhanbad programmeJMM-Congress opposition to MMDR amendment is ‘political drama’, says Babulal Marandi

Jharkhand News: NCPCR serves 7-day ultimatum to Dhanbad DC for report on De Nobili School buses

SUBHASH MISHRA   Dhanbad, July 30: The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) has served a 7-day ultimatum to the…

Jharkhand News: NCPCR serves 7-day ultimatum to Dhanbad DC for report on De Nobili School buses

De Nobili School Mugma

SUBHASH MISHRA

 

Dhanbad, July 30: The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) has served a 7-day ultimatum to the deputy commissioner (DC) of Dhanbad for sharing the Action Taken Report (ATR) on violation of the Supreme Court directive by a school bus in the district.

NCPCR Registrar Gomati Monacha in a notice to the DC on July 24 said that the ATR has not been received by the Commission so far. “You were asked to send a detailed inquiry/ investigation report to the Commission. Here you are requested to share the ATR within seven working days after receiving the letter,” the registrar said.

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

“Failing which the Commission will be constrained to take action as per provisions in Section 14 of the Commission for Protection of Child Rights Act 2005,” said the notice.

NCPCR had served notice to the Dhanbad DC on the complaint of Rakesh Kumar, a guardian of De Nobili School Mugma (in Nirsa Block).

Advertisement
Advertisement

Also Read- Bhaker claims historic second medal, secures bronze in 10m air pistol mixed team with Sarabjot

Complaint against De Nobili School buses

Rakesh Kumar had on May 13, 2024, complained to NCPCR that De Nobili School Mugma buses do not follow safety measures directed by the Supreme Court. The Dhanbad transport officer (DTO) found the buses unfit for transporting last year but has not taken any action against them which poses a danger to the life of students.

The guardian had also complained that he gave written information to the district transport officer and he gave physical verification of buses on April 6, 2024, but so far, no action has been taken against them.

NCPCR served first notice on July 16

On July 16, 2024, the NCPCR registrar shot off notice to the Deputy Commissioner asking him to investigate the matter of violation of safety measures in transportation by De Nobili School Mugma, Dhanbad and send the report in 15 days.

Advertisement
Advertisement

The deputy commissioner could not be available for comment but an official admitted to having received the notice and said a reply would be sent duly.

Also Read- Rahul Gandhi raises Wayanad landslide issue in Lok Sabha, urges govt to aid affected

More from Breaking
India’s Gen Z: Turning youth aspirations into democratic strength

India’s Gen Z: Turning youth aspirations into democratic strength

August 21, 2026
Jharkhand HC stays cancellation of JSSC-CGL appointments, allows employees to continue working

Jharkhand HC stays cancellation of JSSC-CGL appointments, allows employees to continue working

August 21, 2026
Palamu class 5 girl seeks help at Jan Samadhan, gets new books and school supplies

Palamu class 5 girl seeks help at Jan Samadhan, gets new books and school supplies

August 21, 2026

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

About the Author

Suman Shrivastava