1. Ex-AG Rajiv Ranjan backs CBI probe into JPSC-JSSC scam, says recruitment row has eroded students’ trust 2. Ranchi protests, rallies now require prior permission amid month-long student agitationJMM announces statewide stir against MMDR amendment billBabulal Marandi challenges Rahul Gandhi’s silence on Jharkhand student protestsEx-AG Rajiv Ranjan backs CBI probe into JPSC-JSSC scam, says recruitment row has eroded students’ trustJustice Sujit Narayan calls for justice beyond rescue and prosecution in human trafficking casesRanchi protests, rallies now require prior permission amid month-long student agitationJharkhand: Sugar price spirals to Rs 65 per kg in DaltonganjSAIL Bokaro director Priya Ranjan highlights global steel challenges at IIT (ISM) Dhanbad

33 Naxalites surrender before CRPF officials in Chhattisgarh’s Bijapur

THE JHARKHAND STORY DESK   Advertisement Bijapur, May 25: 33 Naxalites surrendered on Saturday in Naxal-affected Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh. There is…

33 Naxalites surrender before CRPF officials in Chhattisgarh’s Bijapur

Representative Image (Image: ANI)

THE JHARKHAND STORY DESK

 

Advertisement
Advertisement

Bijapur, May 25: 33 Naxalites surrendered on Saturday in Naxal-affected Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh. There is a total cash reward of Rs 5 lakh on three of these Naxalites.

Bijapur District Superintendent of Police Jitendra Yadav said that the Naxalites surrendered before senior police and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) officials of the district.

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Yadav said that the Naxalites are disappointed with the atrocities committed by the Maoists on the tribals and the hollow Maoist ideology and they are also impressed by the rehabilitation policy of the police.

Two women among 33 Naxals who surrendered

He said that the 33 cadres who surrendered also included two women, who were active in various branches and organizations under the Gangalur area committee of the Maoists.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Also Read- Jharkhand LS polls: Governor Radhakrishnan, BJP Ranchi nominee Sanjay Seth cast votes

Officials said that among those who surrendered are PLGA (People’s Liberation Guerrilla Army) Battalion No. 1 member Raju Hemla alias Thakur (35) and Platoon No. 1 member Samo Karma, carrying a reward of Rs 2 lakh each.

Among the other Naxalites who surrendered is Sudru Punem, who carries a reward of Rs 1 lakh. The officer said that three Naxalites who surrendered are accused of attacking security forces.

All Naxalites who surrendered given assistance of Rs 25,000 each

The officer said that all the Naxalites who surrendered have been given assistance of Rs 25,000 each and they will be rehabilitated as per the government policy.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Police said that with this surrender, 109 Naxalites have given up violence in the district so far this year. Apart from this, 189 Naxalites have been arrested in the district during the same period.

Also Read- Anasuya Sengupta becomes first Indian to win Best Actress at Cannes for movie ‘The Shameless’

More from Breaking
1. Ex-AG Rajiv Ranjan backs CBI probe into JPSC-JSSC scam, says recruitment row has eroded students’ trust 2. Ranchi protests, rallies now require prior permission amid month-long student agitation

1. Ex-AG Rajiv Ranjan backs CBI probe into JPSC-JSSC scam, says recruitment row has eroded students’ trust 2. Ranchi protests, rallies now require prior permission amid month-long student agitation

August 23, 2026
JMM announces statewide stir against MMDR amendment bill

JMM announces statewide stir against MMDR amendment bill

August 23, 2026
Babulal Marandi challenges Rahul Gandhi’s silence on Jharkhand student protests

Babulal Marandi challenges Rahul Gandhi’s silence on Jharkhand student protests

August 23, 2026

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

About the Author

Suman Shrivastava