India’s Gen Z: Turning youth aspirations into democratic strengthJharkhand HC stays cancellation of JSSC-CGL appointments, allows employees to continue workingPalamu class 5 girl seeks help at Jan Samadhan, gets new books and school suppliesJSSC-CGL exam set to be cancelled; CM says all TDPL-conducted exams will goJPSC Row: Former Member’s PA BN Ram arrested over alleged ₹40 lakh extortion to fix interviewsJharkhand HC orders security cover for judicial officers across State after 2022 Latehar court attackSafety must come before production, says DGMS official at IIT (ISM) Dhanbad programmeJMM-Congress opposition to MMDR amendment is ‘political drama’, says Babulal Marandi

Karnataka HC presses govt for answers on Bengaluru stampede, next hearing on June 12

THE JHARKHAND STORY DESK   Bengaluru, June 10: The Karnataka High Court on Monday demanded accountability from the state government regarding the…

Karnataka HC presses govt for answers on Bengaluru stampede, next hearing on June 12

THE JHARKHAND STORY DESK

 

Bengaluru, June 10: The Karnataka High Court on Monday demanded accountability from the state government regarding the recent stampede at Chinnaswamy Stadium that left 11 dead on June 4.

The court directed that a sealed status report detailing findings and actions taken be submitted by Thursday.

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Acting Chief Justice V Kameshwar Rao and Justice C M Joshi, who are hearing the matter suo motu, pressed for clarity on public safety protocols, crowd control measures, and ticketing practices at the stadium.

Also Read- Three Bangladeshis caught after escape from Hazaribag detention centre

The bench questioned whether adequate steps had been in place during major sporting events.

Advertisement
Advertisement

The matter has been adjourned to June 12, when the state is expected to present its sealed report along with proposed corrective measures.

The proceedings also saw a former Member of the Legislative Council seeking to be impleaded in the case, while another counsel informed the court of plans to file a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) over the tragedy.

Meanwhile, temporary relief was granted to Royal Challengers Bengaluru (RCB) and ticketing partner DNA Networks, who moved the court following the incident.

Advertisement
Advertisement
More from Breaking
India’s Gen Z: Turning youth aspirations into democratic strength

India’s Gen Z: Turning youth aspirations into democratic strength

August 21, 2026
Jharkhand HC stays cancellation of JSSC-CGL appointments, allows employees to continue working

Jharkhand HC stays cancellation of JSSC-CGL appointments, allows employees to continue working

August 21, 2026
Palamu class 5 girl seeks help at Jan Samadhan, gets new books and school supplies

Palamu class 5 girl seeks help at Jan Samadhan, gets new books and school supplies

August 21, 2026

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

About the Author

Suman Shrivastava