SAIL Bokaro director Priya Ranjan highlights global steel challenges at IIT (ISM) DhanbadWhat happened to Neelima Kerketta’s letter? Sanjay Seth questions Jharkhand govt, demands CBI probeBabulal Marandi questions Rahul Gandhi’s silence on student attacks, demands arrest of culpritsWhy did women cops skip shooting competition? Palamu SP questions their absenceJharkhand: No hope is lost for 4th-grade recruitment, says Palamu DCIndia’s Gen Z: Turning youth aspirations into democratic strengthJharkhand HC stays cancellation of JSSC-CGL appointments, allows employees to continue workingPalamu class 5 girl seeks help at Jan Samadhan, gets new books and school supplies

Trump, Xi seal year-long US–China trade pact, American tariffs cut by 10%

  Busan, Oct 30: After his meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping on the sidelines of the APEC Summit in Busan, US…

Trump, Xi seal year-long US–China trade pact, American tariffs cut by 10%

Image: ANI

 

Busan, Oct 30: After his meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping on the sidelines of the APEC Summit in Busan, US President Donald Trump announced that Washington and Beijing have finalized a landmark one-year trade agreement, marking a 10% cut in American tariffs on Chinese imports.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trump said the tariffs, which earlier stood at 57%, have now been reduced to 47% as part of the deal. He attributed the reduction to China’s commitment to taking “strong action” against the trafficking of fentanyl, a synthetic opioid fueling the drug crisis in the United States. “We’ve already seen results on fentanyl, and they’re taking very strong action,” he remarked.

Also Read- Cyclone Montha weakens, weather condition to improve in Jharkhand 

Speaking aboard Air Force One, the US President confirmed that the arrangement will be renewed annually, describing it as a long-term framework that could continue “well beyond a year” through routine renegotiations. “We have a deal,” Trump declared, emphasizing confidence in the agreement’s durability.

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

He also revealed that longstanding concerns over rare earth minerals had been resolved as part of the accord. “All of the rare earth has been settled, and that’s for the world,” Trump stated, calling it a positive outcome for global industries dependent on the materials.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
More from Breaking
SAIL Bokaro director Priya Ranjan highlights global steel challenges at IIT (ISM) Dhanbad

SAIL Bokaro director Priya Ranjan highlights global steel challenges at IIT (ISM) Dhanbad

August 22, 2026
What happened to Neelima Kerketta’s letter? Sanjay Seth questions Jharkhand govt, demands CBI probe

What happened to Neelima Kerketta’s letter? Sanjay Seth questions Jharkhand govt, demands CBI probe

August 22, 2026
Babulal Marandi questions Rahul Gandhi’s silence on student attacks, demands arrest of culprits

Babulal Marandi questions Rahul Gandhi’s silence on student attacks, demands arrest of culprits

August 22, 2026

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

About the Author

Suman Shrivastava