SAIL Bokaro director Priya Ranjan highlights global steel challenges at IIT (ISM) DhanbadWhat happened to Neelima Kerketta’s letter? Sanjay Seth questions Jharkhand govt, demands CBI probeBabulal Marandi questions Rahul Gandhi’s silence on student attacks, demands arrest of culpritsWhy did women cops skip shooting competition? Palamu SP questions their absenceJharkhand: No hope is lost for 4th-grade recruitment, says Palamu DCIndia’s Gen Z: Turning youth aspirations into democratic strengthJharkhand HC stays cancellation of JSSC-CGL appointments, allows employees to continue workingPalamu class 5 girl seeks help at Jan Samadhan, gets new books and school supplies

Custody of sixth accused in Parliament security breach Mahesh Kumawat extended by 13 days

THE JHARKHAND STORY DESK   Advertisement New Delhi, Dec 23: The custody of Mahesh Kumawat, the sixth accused in the case of…

Custody of sixth accused in Parliament security breach Mahesh Kumawat extended by 13 days

Image: The Week

THE JHARKHAND STORY DESK

 

Advertisement
Advertisement

New Delhi, Dec 23: The custody of Mahesh Kumawat, the sixth accused in the case of the Parliament security breach, was extended by 13 days by the Patiala House Court in Delhi on Saturday.

Special Judge Dr Hardeep Kaur approved the Delhi Police’s request for an extension of the accused’s custody.

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

After his seven days in police custody ended on Saturday, he was presented before a special judge at Patiala House Court.

He was taken into custody in relation to the December 13 security breach event at Parliament.

Advertisement
Advertisement

The Delhi Police requested an additional 13 days of custody for the accused involved in the security breach as part of their ongoing investigation.

Also Read: India records 752 new Covid cases, four deaths in last 24 hours

Accused undergoing psychiatric evaluation

Akhand Pratap Singh, the special public prosecutor for the Delhi Police, stated that the accused was undergoing a psychiatric evaluation and that, based on the results of the psychology analysis report, he should be questioned in order to obtain more information.

The Patiala House Court was informed by Delhi Police that Mahesh had attended every meeting organised in several cities on the plot that led to the security breach event, which had been planned for over a year.

Advertisement
Advertisement

The public prosecutor also told the court that Mahesh was a member of the conspiracy and had been in communication with the other defendants for the last two years.

Meanwhile, the Delhi Police’s Special Cell administered psycho-analysis tests on all the individuals implicated in the case. The tests took place at a government institute in Rohini, located in the national capital, as per the information provided by the police on Friday.

Also Read: Minimum temperature to witness slight rise across Jharkhand

 

 

More from Breaking
SAIL Bokaro director Priya Ranjan highlights global steel challenges at IIT (ISM) Dhanbad

SAIL Bokaro director Priya Ranjan highlights global steel challenges at IIT (ISM) Dhanbad

August 22, 2026
What happened to Neelima Kerketta’s letter? Sanjay Seth questions Jharkhand govt, demands CBI probe

What happened to Neelima Kerketta’s letter? Sanjay Seth questions Jharkhand govt, demands CBI probe

August 22, 2026
Babulal Marandi questions Rahul Gandhi’s silence on student attacks, demands arrest of culprits

Babulal Marandi questions Rahul Gandhi’s silence on student attacks, demands arrest of culprits

August 22, 2026

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

About the Author

Suman Shrivastava