1. Ex-AG Rajiv Ranjan backs CBI probe into JPSC-JSSC scam, says recruitment row has eroded students’ trust 2. Ranchi protests, rallies now require prior permission amid month-long student agitationJMM announces statewide stir against MMDR amendment billBabulal Marandi challenges Rahul Gandhi’s silence on Jharkhand student protestsEx-AG Rajiv Ranjan backs CBI probe into JPSC-JSSC scam, says recruitment row has eroded students’ trustJustice Sujit Narayan calls for justice beyond rescue and prosecution in human trafficking casesRanchi protests, rallies now require prior permission amid month-long student agitationJharkhand: Sugar price spirals to Rs 65 per kg in DaltonganjSAIL Bokaro director Priya Ranjan highlights global steel challenges at IIT (ISM) Dhanbad

Jharkhand News: Dhanbad admin cracks down on illegal sand mining

SUBHASH MISHRA   Advertisement Dhanbad, March 29: In a major crackdown on illegal sand mining, a Special Task Force of the Dhanbad…

Jharkhand News: Dhanbad admin cracks down on illegal sand mining

Special Task Force team with seized tractors

SUBHASH MISHRA

 

Advertisement
Advertisement

Dhanbad, March 29: In a major crackdown on illegal sand mining, a Special Task Force of the Dhanbad district administration seized five sand-laden tractors on National Highway-32 near Balaji Petrol Pump under the Saraidhela police station area on Saturday.

Acting on the directives of Deputy Commissioner Madhvi Mishra, the raid was led by SDM Rajesh Kumar, District Mining Officer (DMO) Ritesh Raj Tigga, and District Transport Officer (DTO) Diwakar C. Dwivedi. The sudden operation resulted in the seizure of five tractors loaded with sand, allegedly extracted illegally.

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Drivers Escape as Authorities Move In

As Task Force officials signaled the vehicles to stop, the drivers of all five tractors abandoned their vehicles and fled the scene. Preliminary investigations suggest that the sand was extracted illegally from the Barakar River in East Tundi and transported for sale.

Also Read- Adani’s cement factory plan in Jharkhand gets a boost

Authorities confirmed that an investigation is underway to identify those responsible for the illegal mining and transport. The seized tractors have been handed over to the Saraidhela police station, and an FIR has been lodged against the absconding drivers and other involved individuals.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Repeat Offense at the Same Spot

Officials noted that this location, near Balaji Petrol Pump, has been a hotspot for illegal sand transportation. Last month, a similar raid at the same spot led to an attack on the Task Force by sand mafia operatives.

To curb such activities, the administration has intensified its special drive against illegal mining, storage, and transportation of sand and other minerals. The operation is being carried out under the supervision of the Deputy Commissioner.

The Task Force team included Mining Inspectors Sumit Prasad and Barat Uraon, along with personnel from the Saraidhela police station. Officials have assured that the crackdown on illegal mining will continue, with strict action against those violating mining regulations.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Also Read- Indian Express’ 100 most powerful Indians: PM Modi tops the list, Rahul Gandhi at Ninth, Hemant Soren at 40th

More from Breaking
1. Ex-AG Rajiv Ranjan backs CBI probe into JPSC-JSSC scam, says recruitment row has eroded students’ trust 2. Ranchi protests, rallies now require prior permission amid month-long student agitation

1. Ex-AG Rajiv Ranjan backs CBI probe into JPSC-JSSC scam, says recruitment row has eroded students’ trust 2. Ranchi protests, rallies now require prior permission amid month-long student agitation

August 23, 2026
JMM announces statewide stir against MMDR amendment bill

JMM announces statewide stir against MMDR amendment bill

August 23, 2026
Babulal Marandi challenges Rahul Gandhi’s silence on Jharkhand student protests

Babulal Marandi challenges Rahul Gandhi’s silence on Jharkhand student protests

August 23, 2026

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

About the Author

Suman Shrivastava