JSSC-CGL exam set to be cancelled; CM says all TDPL-conducted exams will goJPSC Row: Former Member’s PA BN Ram arrested over alleged ₹40 lakh extortion to fix interviewsJharkhand HC orders security cover for judicial officers across State after 2022 Latehar court attackSafety must come before production, says DGMS official at IIT (ISM) Dhanbad programmeJMM-Congress opposition to MMDR amendment is ‘political drama’, says Babulal MarandiPalamu: Thieves steal chairs, coolers, inverter and other valuables from panchayat officePrakash Eye Care opens state-of-the-art eye OPD in DaltonganjJamshedpur police stations to get unique 3-digit codes for faster communication

Jharkhand News: Naxal with Rs 5 lakh bounty killed in Latehar

THE JHARKHAND STORY DESK Latehar, May 26: Security forces achieved a major success in Latehar district on Sunday night, neutralizing a Naxalite/…

Jharkhand News: Naxal with Rs 5 lakh bounty killed in Latehar

Representative Image

THE JHARKHAND STORY DESK

Latehar, May 26: Security forces achieved a major success in Latehar district on Sunday night, neutralizing a Naxalite/ Maoist insurgent and apprehending another during a targeted operation based on precise intelligence inputs.

In the late-night joint operation led by Latehar SP Kumar Gaurav, teams from Mahuatand police station, Baresand police station, and the Special Task Force moved into the forested area between Karamkhar and Douna in Mahuatand police station limits. As the team approached the location, Maoists opened fire, prompting retaliatory action from the forces.

Also Read- DCs of 20 Jharkhand districts reshuffled; Ajaynath Jha appointed Bokaro DC

In the ensuing exchange, Manish Yadav, a Maoist carrying a bounty of ₹5 lakh, was killed on the spot. Another insurgent, Kundan Kherwar, who carried a ₹10 lakh reward on his head, was captured while attempting to flee.

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Following the encounter, CRPF and SET units reached the site to provide backup and launched an intensive search operation in the surrounding forest area, recovering a firearm during the sweep.

Manish Yadav was a notorious Maoist operative, accused in over 50 violent incidents across Jharkhand’s Latehar, Palamu, Garhwa, and Chatra districts, as well as Bihar’s Gaya and Aurangabad regions. He was previously active in Bihar before joining Maoist squads operating in the Burha Pahad region.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Also Read- SC collegium recommends 3 HC judges for Supreme Court appointment

He was implicated in several high-profile attacks, including the infamous Katia encounter in which 13 CRPF personnel were martyred, one of whom had an explosive device planted in his abdomen. He was also a prime accused in the Polpol Maoist attack in Garhwa, where six jawans lost their lives.

Advertisement
Advertisement
More from Breaking
JSSC-CGL exam set to be cancelled; CM says all TDPL-conducted exams will go

JSSC-CGL exam set to be cancelled; CM says all TDPL-conducted exams will go

August 17, 2026
JPSC Row: Former Member’s PA BN Ram arrested over alleged ₹40 lakh extortion to fix interviews

JPSC Row: Former Member’s PA BN Ram arrested over alleged ₹40 lakh extortion to fix interviews

August 17, 2026
Jharkhand HC orders security cover for judicial officers across State after 2022 Latehar court attack

Jharkhand HC orders security cover for judicial officers across State after 2022 Latehar court attack

August 17, 2026

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

About the Author

Suman Shrivastava