JSSC-CGL exam set to be cancelled; CM says all TDPL-conducted exams will goJPSC Row: Former Member’s PA BN Ram arrested over alleged ₹40 lakh extortion to fix interviewsJharkhand HC orders security cover for judicial officers across State after 2022 Latehar court attackSafety must come before production, says DGMS official at IIT (ISM) Dhanbad programmeJMM-Congress opposition to MMDR amendment is ‘political drama’, says Babulal MarandiPalamu: Thieves steal chairs, coolers, inverter and other valuables from panchayat officePrakash Eye Care opens state-of-the-art eye OPD in DaltonganjJamshedpur police stations to get unique 3-digit codes for faster communication

Mahadev App case: ED raids underway in 15 locations in Mumbai, WB, Delhi-NCR

THE JHARKHAND STORY DESK   Mumbai, Feb 28: As part of its money laundering investigation into the Mahadev online gaming and betting…

Mahadev App case: ED raids underway in 15 locations in Mumbai, WB, Delhi-NCR

Image: Amar Ujala

THE JHARKHAND STORY DESK

 

Mumbai, Feb 28: As part of its money laundering investigation into the Mahadev online gaming and betting app, which allegedly involves several high-ranking politicians and bureaucrats from Chhattisgarh, the Enforcement Directorate conducted searches in Mumbai on Wednesday as well as at several locations in West Bengal and the Delhi-NCR.

According to official sources, investigators from the ED are currently conducting operations at approximately 15 locations under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has arrested a total of nine individuals in connection with this case thus far.

Also Read- Indian Navy, NCB seize record 3,300 kg of drugs off Gujarat coast

Bribes to politicians in Chhattisgarh, Bollywood links

Previously, the agency had stated that the purportedly illicit funds generated by the app were utilized for offering bribes to politicians and bureaucrats in Chhattisgarh, the home state of the main promoters and operators of the app.

Advertisement
Advertisement

The agency summoned several celebrities and Bollywood actors for questioning regarding their associations with the online betting platform and the payment methods involved.

Two chargesheets filed

Up to this point, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) has filed two charge sheets in this matter, which include charges against the two primary promoters of the purported illegal betting and gaming application, Sourabh Chandrakar and Ravi Uppal, alongside others.

The agency had conducted numerous raids in connection with the case previously.

Advertisement
Advertisement

The ED estimates that the proceeds of crime in this case are approximately Rs 6,000 crore.

Also Read- Jharkhand Weather: Dry and clear weather to prevail over state for next 72 hours

More from Breaking
JSSC-CGL exam set to be cancelled; CM says all TDPL-conducted exams will go

JSSC-CGL exam set to be cancelled; CM says all TDPL-conducted exams will go

August 17, 2026
JPSC Row: Former Member’s PA BN Ram arrested over alleged ₹40 lakh extortion to fix interviews

JPSC Row: Former Member’s PA BN Ram arrested over alleged ₹40 lakh extortion to fix interviews

August 17, 2026
Jharkhand HC orders security cover for judicial officers across State after 2022 Latehar court attack

Jharkhand HC orders security cover for judicial officers across State after 2022 Latehar court attack

August 17, 2026

Stay informed. Get Jharkhand's top stories in your inbox.

Free. No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

About the Author

Suman Shrivastava